It’s no doubt that nursing is one of the most gratifying careers one could have but it also comes with it’s fair share of challenges. Whether you are a nursing student or a life long nurse, there comes a point where we all need a bit of encouragement and motivation to remind us why we are nurses and to keep us going. Fear not, we have sampled some of the best inspirational nursing quotes that will surely uplift your spirit and bring a smile to your face.
Without further ado, here are 30 inspirational nursing quotes.
1. They may forget your name but they will never forget how you made them feel.
2. Save one life, you’re a hero.Save 100 lives, you’re a nurse
3. Never give up on anybody. Miracles happen everyday.
4. It is not how much you do but how much love you put in the doing.
5. At the end of the day, love and compassion will win.
6. If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.
7. I light my candle from their torches.
8. The character of the nurse is as important as the knowledge she possesses.
9. If love can’t cure it, nurses can.
10. Compassion brings us to a stop, and for a moment we rise above ourselves
11. Healing yourself is connected with healing others.
12. Take pride in how far you have come, and have faith in how far you can go.
13. Behind every doctor, is an even greater nurse.
14. He who angers you, conquers you.
15. Nursing encompasses an art, a humanistic orientation, a feeling for the value of the individual, and an intuitive sense of ethics, and of the appropriateness of action taken.
16. Be the type of nurse you want to work with
17. God appoints our graces to be nurses to other men’s weaknesses
18. Wherever the art of Medicine is loved, there is also a love of Humanity.
19. Constant attention by a good nurse may be just as important as a major operation by a surgeon
20. A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones
21. She needed a hero. So that’s what she became
22. The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others
23. No matter how difficult the days may get, don’t forget the reason you became a nurse
24. You treat a disease, you win, you lose. You treat a person, i’ll guarantee you’ll win
25. Let us not consider ourselves finished nurses, we must be learning all of our lives.
26. Nature alone cures. What nursing has to do is to put the patient in the best condition for nature to act upon him.
27. It is only in the act of nursing that a woman realizes her motherhood in visible and tangible fashion; it is a joy of every moment.
28. Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is to try just one more time.
29. You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.
30. I see God in every human being. When I wash the leper’s wounds I feel I am nursing the Lord himself. Is it not a beautiful experience?
31. There can be no greater gift than that of giving one’s time and energy to help others without expecting anything in return.
Conclusions are not always pleasant.
We hope that you will find inspiration and motivation from these quotes. Feel free to share the quotes to your friends and colleagues, and do keep in touch for the next series of inspirational nursing quotes.
If there is a quote you think we missed, or you would like featured next time, feel free to leave a comment below.